If you require your printer’s IP address to complete tasks such as sharing the device with multiple computers, tablets and smart phones, this simple step-by-step guide can help you find it quickly and efficiently.
1. Open the Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Open Devices and Printers.
3. Right Click the printer of which you require the IP address.
4. Select Printer Properties and click the General tab.
5. The IP Address should be clearly stated in the Location box*
*If the Location box is empty, click on the Ports tab. Highlight the port which is checked off and click the ‘Configure Port…’ button. In the next window, the printer’s IP Address will be present in the ‘Printer Name or IP Address’ box.
1. Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences
2. Open ‘Print & Fax’ in the menu.
3. Select the correct printer and click the Open Print Queue button.
4. The IP Address should be stated in the Location box*
*If the IP Address is not present in the Location box, MAC users can search through the CUPS web-based interface. Open the Safari browser and enter the following in the URL bar: Localhost:631/printers and click enter.
This will take you to a page with detailed information about the printers installed on the system. Under the Location section, you will see the Printer IP Address is listed.
Did you find this post useful? Then why not check out our guide to installing a printer without the installation disc.
To find great deals on the latest, most advanced models visit the Printerland homepage or call our dedicated sales team on 0800 840 1992.