Airprint Compatible Printers
If you can open it on your Apple device, chances are you can print it with AirPrint and an AirPrint compatible printer. AirPrint works with Safari, Mail, Photos, iWork, PDFs in iBooks, and many third-party AirPrint compatible apps available from the App Store.
Originally, only HP wireless printers worked natively with AirPrint, but more printers from other manufacturers are being added to the full list of AirPrint compatible printers all the time. Some manufacturers have even released their own apps enabling a far wider variety of printers to be compatible with devices via wireless functionality similar to Apple's AirPrint technology.
Here are some of our favourite AirPrint printers with details about their key features:
A capable A4 colour multifunction laser printer with AirPrint and Google Cloud Print functionality.
- Prints up to 35ppm in monochrome and colour
- Printing resolution of up to 600 x 600 x 8 dpi
- 550 sheet input tray for minimal effort in loading paper
Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing are all possible on this multifunction A4 printer, with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Alexa compatibility also making it future-proof.
- Prints up to 21ppm in monochrome and colour
- Printing resolution of 600 x 600 dpi
- Works with Alexa, so you can print documents without even having to click
A monochrome-only printer with AirPrint and wireless printing functionality and blistering fast printing speeds.
- Prints up to 45ppm in monochrome
- Printing resolution of up to 1200 dpi
- Lots of connectivity options including AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Kyocera’s own Mobile Print app
A best in class A4 colour laser printer with top of the line features and capabilities.
- Prints up to 50ppm in monochrome and colour
- Printing resolution of up to 2400 x 600 dpi
- PANTONE colour calibration means that colour prints are vibrant, deep, and accurate
A compact monochrome A4 laser printer that’s cost efficient and versatile.
- Prints up to 38ppm in monochrome
- Printing resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Versatility includes wireless printing compatibility with AirPrint and Samsung Mobile Print App, the ability to print prescriptions, and an eco-friendly cost-saving mode.
How do I print from my iPhone?
With AirPrint there is no need to download any software or drivers. If you can see it on screen, chances are you can print it via AirPrint. Just click the 'share' link on the bottom of your iPhone screen and start printing
How do I print from my iPad?
As with an iPhone, just tapping the 'share' link from within the app you are using will enable you to print via AirPrint.
What equipment is needed to use AirPrint?
The following Apple devices are compatible with AirPrint:
- iPhone 3GS or later
- iPod Touch 3rd generation or later
You will also need an AirPrint compatible printer from the official list published by Apple
The AirPrint printer also needs to be connected to the same wireless network as your Apple device so that data can be transferred.
Do I need any cables?
No. AirPrint is completely wireless, your Apple device will automatically search and locate AirPrint compatible printers on your WiFi network.
What if my current printer doesnt support AirPrint, do I need to purchase a new printer?
Some manufacturers have introduced their own apps to Apple's App Store to enable similar wireless functionality to AirPrint, including Samsung and Kyocera’s dedicated mobile print apps.
Many of these apps are compatible with printers brought to market before AirPrint was introduced, but check with the manufacturer to see if your specific printer is compatible.
Which apps work with AirPrint?
Apps built in to iOS such as Safari, Mail, Photos, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all compatible. Thousands of 3rd party apps also include AirPrint functionality.
Browse AirPrint Printers by Type:
AirPrint Colour Laser Printers
AirPrint Inkjet Printers
A3 AirPrint Printers
AirPrint Multifunction Printers