Are you looking for toner cartridges for your Xerox Phaser 8550 colour printer? Printerland has all the consumables you need for your printer, backed by our lowest price promise and ready to despatch on fast free next working day delivery.
The Xerox Phaser 8550 takes solid ink rather than toner cartridges, and we supply each colour in packs of three blocks, each yielding 3,000 pages. The black ink blocks are supplied as packs of three or six, yielding 3,000 or 6,000 pages. Our prices are the lowest online in the UK for these items, and you can save even more by purchasing one of our value packs. Each value pack groups together the colours and black ink you need, with the option of including the black 3,000 or 6,000 pack to best suit your business needs.
We also offer standard and extended maintenance kits and replacement waste trays to keep your printer running efficiently.
Solid ink vs. toner cartridges
There are many benefits of using the solid ink that your Phaser 8550 printer requires, compared with the toner cartridges used in other printers. These include:
• Refills: Toner has to be packed in plastic cartridges which are an environmental nuisance. Many manufacturers offer recycling programmes but a huge amount of used toner cartridges still go to landfill. Solid ink, by contrast, is supplied as a wax block, which slots simply into the Phaser 8550 with ease. There’s less fuss, up to 90% less waste and no mess or hazards.
• Speed: Nowadays, solid printers can match laser printers in terms of warm up and speed. The Phaser 8550 printer can generate up to 30 colour pages per minute with the first page in as little as 5 seconds, so there’s no waiting around.
• Maintenance: Solid printers tend to have fewer replacement parts than laser printers, meaning less maintenance and fewer consumables to buy. This can lead to a lower cost of ownership. Laser printer consumables include toner cartridges, fuser units, image drums, transfer belts, waste toner bottles and more. By contrast, the Xerox Phaser 8550 requires only the solid ink blocks and occasionally a replacement waste tray. We also offer low cost maintenance kits to keep your printer running optimally, and you can easily fit these yourself.
• Costs and efficiency: Although solid ink printers can be a little more expensive than laser printers, the cost of solid ink blocks is typically much lower than toner cartridges, making your Phaser 8550 a cheaper option in the long term.
• Print quality: Solid ink produces comparable print quality in comparison with toner cartridges, but solid ink has the edge when it comes to printing on low quality paper. Because the ink is transferred to the paper in a different way than for toner, it is possible to generate beautiful vivid images with your Phaser 8550, even on cheap or recycled paper.